Tuesday, February 5, 2008

WP8: Integrated Systems Europe

The subject of my thesis is narrowcasting and the future possibilities of it. Colleagues were going to the Integrated Systems Europe show in the RAI, Amsterdam, and since this is Europe's no. 1 show for professional AV and Electronic System Integration, I figured it might be useful to join them.

My first impression when I got there was that it was a competition who had the most beautiful, but even more the largest screen. Really hot were also the possibilities of video conferencing.
I talked to a few people who's product was narrowcasting and what possibilities they see with for example RFID. Most of the people I talked to didn't see much money in such 'futuristic' applications. I don't really think it's that futuristic. I think with RFID chips getting cheaper this future is pretty close.

I was really interested in the interactive (touch) screens presented at the show. These make it for example possible for a real estate shop to interactively show their collection of homes in their shopping window, instead of placing pieces of paper there.

The Samsung people were quite open minded as well. They had a Giorgio Armani display and they would definitely see a market for a display which would also carry out scents. They also confirmed that content makes the difference.

I can also conclude from this show that the integration of a display in a total display or a creative frame around the display really adds value to the complete application.

Eventually the show did give me some new perspectives, I took some photos and short videos which I put together in a short movie, which you can see here!

No comments:

About Me

I'm a student Communication & Multimedia Design.